<VV> Paint from plastic?

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Wed Feb 23 11:12:26 EST 2005

On something as soft as plastic, I try to go with the least aggressive
polish.  I would rather use more effort and not scratch the surface.  I
usually polish instrument lenses with pure carnuba wax--no abrasives--and
you can get a real nice shine out of them.  For an example, click here:

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/turbo/8.htm

I would be a bit concerned about rubbing compound, although the final glaze
used for polishing automotive finishes (last round of wheeling before
polishing with just water) would probably not do too much damage.  It's just
a matter of how much risk you want to take.  Replacement lenses are
available, but I hate to waste a perfectly salvageable part.

Norm