<VV> Re: engine lid lock

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Thu Feb 24 00:36:43 EST 2005

At 08:54 PM 2/23/2005 -0800, Ronald Choy wrote:
>I don't remember seeing the option either in 65 or in 68. I would have at
>least considered one.  Our 65 was only a week old when it was stolen. An
>engine lock would have helped.
>My locks are the aftermarket that uses the small gascap type key.  -ron 65,66

Hi Ron,
That is tough having a car stolen.  Too bad you didn't check out the CORSA
Tech Guide and Supplement.  There is an extremely simple way to lock the
rear trunk using only a NAIL!  I used another approach described with a
self-locking Nylock nut held to the inside of the latch and using an Allen
head screw to lock the latch.  An Allen wrench is used as a key.  The whole
setup cost maybe $3 or so plus just a little labor JB Welding the nut in
there and drilling a hole or two.  Gotta love that CORSA Tech Guide!
-- Larry