<VV> What to do first?

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Feb 25 08:12:06 EST 2005

I disagree. POR15 does not stick to new metal well, but Rustoluem does. While not as good as true automotive paint, I've found it readily lasts in excess of
a decade even when fully exposed to weather (but not necessarily sun).  I use it on all of my undercarriages.

Bill

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:44:38 -0500, airvair wrote:

>I'd use POR15, then the seam sealer as needed. I haven't found Rustolem
>to be very long lasting. Be sure to coat both sides of the floor panels,
>as you are likely to get moisture on both the bottom of the car as well
>as inside thru the carpet.

>-Mark C

>Ron wrote:

>>I am installing some new floor panels and am wondering what the order should be between applying a rust proofing paint and seam sealer.  Should I
paint the panels and weld bead with Rustoleum (or an equivalent) first and then apply the seam sealer or seam seal first and then paint?  Any advice will be
appreciated.