<VV> Rocker Panels

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 17:40:03 EST 2005

I have a 65 Convertible that I have discovered after owning it a few years that the rocker panels had been patched up with bondo to cover up a lot of rust.  After many many cases of jacking up the car to fix up this and that, it is now obvious that I need to do (or have done, since I'm not much of a body may) the rocker panel again.  I would appreciate any advise on having this done before I begin.  The patch panels that Clark's lists in their catalogue (which I will need, whatever I decide to do), are heavier gage metal than coupes or 4 doors, but thinner than factory.  Thus far I have only one estimate for labor to have these done, which may or may not be a good deal.  (with me supplying the patch panels...4 as I read Clark's parts manual).  The quote I have for labor is $600.00.  Does this seem to be a fair price, or should I shop around some more. Again, I do not feel that this is a job that I am capable of doing.  Thanks for any input.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.