<VV> Oil Bath Pre-Cleaner for Turbo

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sat Feb 26 17:42:02 EST 2005

Hi,

Living here in Arizona with the additional sand and dust associated with our
weather, I was thinking about adding a factory oil-bath pre-cleaner to my 64
turbo.  I saw one installed on a car in a local junk yard here in Arizona
probably 20 years ago... And if memory serves me correctly, there was a
modified chrome air filter housing... A rubber hose which ran to the
oil-bath cleaner (which appeared to be a standard Corvair oil-bath
pre-cleaner) and a mount for the oil-bath cleaner.

I could be wrong... But it appeared to me that the only "special" part to
the setup would be the chrome air filter housing and everything else is
standard corvair parts.  If I'm incorrect, please correct me.

If anyone has a picture of what this setup would look like OR a link to any
of the parts I would need, I would certainly appreciate some feedback.  I'm
still debating whether or not to attempt this... I guess it depends on how
easy the parts are to come by and whether or not I decide to make my Corvair
"non-factory" by adding an accessory which did not come on it from the
factory.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Joe West
64 Spyder Convertible still in the body/paint shop :(