<VV> Idle Problem

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 20:41:17 EST 2005

"...I'm helping a friend and have been returning his 67 vert back to running
after sitting for 2 1/2 years.  I rebuilt all 4 carbs (and had them
checked by the Carbmiester), replaced the fuel pump, fuel lines, gas
tank, and filter screen (on sending unit).  The engine starts and runs
fine above about 1200 rpm...  below that -- it just will NOT idle!!  I
have checked all of the linkage, verified the clearances on the idle
speed screws, checked the mixture screws (several times) -- all to no
avail.

Jim Houston
Brandon, FL..."

Jim...Check all the rubber hoses and anywhere else air could leak into the
intake system. Good luck.
Mike Mauro