<VV> Inspection Question

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Mon Feb 28 08:54:51 EST 2005

I don't think hiring a company to inspect a specialized item like a Corvair
makes much sense. No one in such a business would know much about Corvairs,
or even cars that old, for that matter. FAR better, I think, to hunt up the
local Corvair Club (visit www.corvair.org to start), hook up with local
members, and avail yourself of the extensive expertise and interest that you
will find among the members of that group. Thorough, knowledgeable
inspection wouldn't cost you much more than a beer or two!
     You may find the present owner of the car being inspected is a member
of the group from which you hope to recruit your inspector. That's a sticky
wicket, of course, but even with that proviso, I think you're better off
going the route I'm describing. You might at least inquire as to whether and
in what way the inspector and the seller might know each other already.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C