Fwd: <VV>Windshield Removal 65 Corsa Need Help

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 14:52:22 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/27/2005 5:49:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, pottsf at msn.com
writes:

> how to remove the windshield and back window of the car

I purchased a heated windshield removal tool from Clark's 15 or so years
back.  I've removed windshields using wire with two 1" dowels as handles as well.
The heated removal tool works wonders, but doesn't make the job fool proof.
If you nick the glass it's probably toast (I have sealed the nicks with
silicone and that sometimes helps).

I think money is wasted when a car is painted if the windshield and rear
window areas aren't cleaned up and rust proofed.  Rust never sleeps.  If anyone
would like to borrow the removal tool in the D.C. area let me know.

Bob Hall

Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa