<VV> damper door adjustment

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Mon Feb 28 21:40:34 EST 2005

I don't think this varies according to model year (you didn't mention
yours). The Shop Manual says: pull the thermostat rod out all the way, hold
the damper door horizontal and (with your third hand) adjust the peg in or
out until it just goes into the hole in the little arm on the inside of the
damper door.
     In my experience, this leads to one door being held closed tight, the
other door being just slightly loose, and two or more fingers bleeding.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C