<VV> First car

Les corvair@mts.net
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:28:54 -0600

Unless your daughter is unusually wise & careful beyond her years, that car WILL be beat, involved in fender benders, stuffed full of teens with food, etc. I wouldn't use a Vair.

As a pretty handy DIY guy, trying to accomplish a balance of safety, comfort, and economy, I'd go find a Volvo 240/740 or Saab 900 NON TURBO. (A turbo car of either sort is a rocket, not for a first driver). Very safe, very comfy, very slow, very DIYable, decent gas mileage.

Les
========
Message: 6
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:42:32 -0800
From: "Murray, Rod" <Rod.Murray@disney.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: <VV> (no subject)

Here's one for the dads...my 15-year old daughter is due for her license next
summer, so the inevitable "1st car" is not too far behind. Am trying to put my
pro-corvair bias aside for a minute while considering if a vair is a wise
choice. Safety, reliability, and cost to buy, operate, maintain, and insure
are key elements - uniqueness is an added bonus...

Looking for some input here...if it were your daughter, what would you do?

Thnx

Rod
66 monza convt