^Re: <VV> faulty grounds

Geoffrey Albert Clarke Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:29:37 -0700

Ever see a gas line do that?   The grommet to firewall was gone on my old
61 when I first got it, and the gas line rubbed through the insulation on
the positive battery cable going to the starter.  All of a sudden power
went, and I looked in the engine compartment thinking, what is that orange
glow?  The whole line to the fuel pump was bright orange.  As I turned to
run I ripped off the battery cable and let it cool.  No harm but quite a
sight!

-Geoff Johnson

--On Tuesday, January 04, 2005 10:09 AM -0800 Tony Underwood