<VV> Re: 5th degree over new tires

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:47:33 -0000

I wrote:

> The reason was made clear to me not long ago by a friend of mine who used
> to work in an alignment shop ... the reason alignment was so
> unsatisfactory was because no-one ever did it. He said that if the
> customer went away they were instructed just to do nothing, but that if
> the customer hung around watching they used to bang around under the
> car...

And I meant to add here that I am sure that is the main reason you often see
those signs up, saying that customers aren't allowed in the service bay. The
ostensible reason is usually that the insurance doesn't cover the customers
to be in the work area, and that is plausible and fair enough (and I am sure
often true) - but it also strikes me as just a little bit *too* convenient
that there is a bullet-proof, plausible reason for preventing customers
watching too closely what is going on under their car...

Cheers

Alan