<VV> faulty grounds

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:02:17 -0500

Am acquaintance of mine did not install the copper ground straps on his
'68 convertible and the path that the engine took was through the 4
speed shift linkage. His engine started running intermittently one night
and he saw sparks at the floor.

 I did finally diagnose the problem for him. Despite some rubber
connections and plastic, there must be enough intermittent contact to
supply an engine ground.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

Subject: Re: <VV> faulty grounds

 Motor Mount, if collapsed, esp '66-9.
 Accelerator linkage, if rubber bushings worn.
 Trans mounts, if welded solid.
 Original Heater Hoses, though weak.
 PG selector cable.

 Mike
 YS-117

Here's a mind teaser; what are the possible body