<VV> Re: 5th degree over new tires

JWCorvair@aol.com JWCorvair@aol.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:30:38 -0500

Hi,

I'm fortunate in that the owner of the independent shop to which I take my car is also a car nut. He drives a V8 Volvo 245 wagon and is currently restoring an MG Magneta. His shop is a haven for a variety of sports, racing, and classic cars. He has a photograph of a Bugatti type 35 his shop regularly takes care of. A person can also find a variety of Ferarris and competition race cars at his place. His bread and butter cars, however, are the everyday Hondas, Fords, Chevys, whatever (he's particularly fond of my 62 sedan - I can tell by the grimace every time I pull into his shop).

The point is this; he is an independent tire shop and, while his prices are a bit higher than Costco or Sam's, he offers far better service than any discount tire shop. He stands by his work and I have never had a hassle when I came back because of a faulty tire or other work. I pulled into his shop in a friends Z3 with a punctured tire and he fixed it for free.

I will always buy my tires and get my car aligned at his shop. For me the very minimal extra cost is well worth it to keep his establishment open. In the end we always get what we pay for. When the independent shops are gone, we're screwed!

Regards,

Joe White (got a little white stuff on the car so no work for now)
CORSA, RMC
Boulder, CO