<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1562 - 9 msgs

Taruffi57@aol.com Taruffi57@aol.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:34:38 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2005 5:55:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:
Subject: Re: <VV> Tires for a 63 Spyder

I just bought 185/80/13  Cooper Trendsetter SE radials for my wife's '64
convertible but they have a 1/2" whitewall.  Actually, they look the right size &
the thin whitewall looks right too.  I don't know the width of whitewalls sold
in 1963.  I'm having a little shake problem and found that one of them took
over 3 ozs. of weights to balance it.  I may have a little "run-out" in one of
the rims but when I worked for B.F. Goodrich & Firestone, we were taught not
to personally buy any tire which took over 3 ozs. to balance it.  Otherwise
they ride and handle well.  I think I paid about $72 each.

Joe Dunlap
Florida
'64 Conv. PG, A/C
'69 500 140+/4, A/C (being reconstructed/modified)