Walmarts policy on batteries (was <VV> Costco tires)

Butch Chapman w5jax@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 05:26:08 -0800 (PST)

Just a thought, check the book and find out what water pumper the battery you want fits and tell them that is what it is for!
Butch
65 Monza group red (mva)

Daniel Monasterio <dmonasterio@megared.net.mx> wrote:
On past July while being at Langley, BC, Canada, I tried to get a new
battery from the local Walmart for my 67 Corvair. Choose a 24F battery and at
the desk, while giving my car's info for the guarantee, the guy said it was
not the right battery for my car so, they can't sell it for this car (the one
on the computer has reversed terminals). It was priced at about US$ 62. Didn't
buy the battery nor other stuff I got in the shopping cart. The old (ultra ?)
battery did it's job all the trip to Mexico where I got a good new 24F for
about $ 40.
So, didn't come back to any Walmart thinking that my favorites candies
couldn't be right for me, according to their computer info.

Daniel Monasterio