<VV> Re: worn rocker balls

Walter Majewsky wm71@earthlink.net
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:22:08 -0500

All you have to worry about is to make sure the "spit hole " is on the head
end. When the engine is running, the valve lifter is rotating. That rotates
the push rod too.
                                  Walter

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Dave Morris "BigD"
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 11:24 PM
To: VirtualVairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Re: worn rocker balls

I haven't heard of any problems getting the balls from Clark's.  If you
don't position the little "spit hole" on the pushrod so it's aiming at the
ball, I suppose it would cause premature wear.  It's a little tricky to
position it correctly while tightening the nut, but a bent paper clip can
help sense the position of the hole by feel.

Dave Morris