<VV> tires at anywhere

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:26:06 -0700

Probably an EXCELLENT idea.  In AZ the only tires I have lost badly have
been tires with few miles and many years on them.  These are generally
trailer tires and the Corvairs I don't drive.  The sun and dry air here are
brutal and the tires disintegrate before they wear out if not used
much.  On my Sedan the tires looked perfect and had a lot of tread.  One
day I was sitting in my office and heard a very loud explosion.  I ran out
side.  The left rear of the Sedan had literally explode in the heat while
parked.  It was shredded with pieces as far away as 20 feet.  To this day I
am thankful it did that while parked and not on the freeway!

At 01:58 PM 1/4/2005, J R Read_HML wrote:
>If the industry and gov have their way - you will soon be looking at
>expiration dates on tires.  In those states with safety inspection laws,
>that will likely be one more part of the inspection to pass.
>
>Attachments (if any) are scanned with anti-virus software.
>
>Later, JR
>'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
>'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
>'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Morris" <BigD@DaveMorris.com>

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html