<VV> Re: Walmarts policy on batteries

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:48:35 -0700

You can get from several vendors batteries -- even of the right
size.  California Corvairs has them for sure.

At 03:32 AM 1/5/2005, Gary Swiatowy wrote:
>Quite awhile ago I went into an Advance Automotive to get a Group 51R
>Battery. They kept asking what it was for, I replied never mind what it is
>for, Do you have one?
>Now the only reason I went to advance was it was a Saturday and NAPA didn't
>have one on the shelf, couldn't get one til Monday afternoon.
>Argued with the counter clerk, and then the manager for about a half hour
>while he tried to figure out how to use a book as a 61 Rampside was not in
>the computer. They finally arrived at the conclusion that a 51R was the
>wrong battery and in fact I needed a Group 53, and they could not sell me a
>51 R because it would not be allowed. Of course they didn't have a Group 53,
>and no idea how long or if they could get one................
>I got my 51R from NAPA on Monday...........
>Gary Swiatowy
>

> > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:21:49 -0600, Daniel Monasterio wrote:
> >
> > >    On past July while being at Langley, BC, Canada, I tried to get a new
> > >battery from the local Walmart for my 67 Corvair. Choose a 24F battery
>and at
> > >the desk, while giving my car's info for the guarantee, the guy said it
>was
> > >not the right battery for my car so, they can't sell it for this car (the
>one
> > >on the computer has reversed terminals). It was priced at about US$ 62.
>Didn't
> > >buy the battery nor other stuff I got in the shopping cart. The old
>(ultra ?)
> > >battery did it's job all the trip to Mexico where I got a good new 24F
>for
> > >about  $ 40.
> > >    So, didn't come back to any Walmart thinking that my favorites
>candies
> > >couldn't be right for me, according to their computer info.
> >
> > >    Daniel Monasterio

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html