<VV> Re: Tires for a '63 Spyder

Wrsssatty@aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:23:42 EST

<I am looking for replacement tires for my 63 Spyder. I would like to have
a radial with a 1" whitewall. What size tire will look best - and close to
stock for this car?>

Have you tried Costco?  <GGG>

But seriously, a few months ago I replaced the tires on my '63 Monza with
175-80x13 radials with 1" whitewall.  They're from Diamond Back.  The size and
tire was recommended to me by larry claypool (not to be a name dropper...).  He
recommended that I contact a buddy of his, Rick, who is a dealer for Diamond
Back and a Corvair guy.  His phone number is (574) 753-5720.  I was quite
pleased with the service and like the tires.

Bill Stanley