<VV> FC Panel repair using clarks steel side patch panel

James Davis jld@wk.net
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:17:50 -0600

They are OK.  I have used then on the ramp and the left side.  They are
very thin, 0.032 inches thick (21 gauge) as opposed to the 0.049 thick (18
gauge) stock panels.  That makes welding of the dissimilar panels
tricky.   Since it is a blind weld, you can't metal work the seam.   Being
thin it is easy to re-bend them for proper fit.  There are no drain holes
in the bottom, but that is easy to fix with a metal stretcher.
Jim Davis