<VV> Turbocharger heat shield question

Guus de Haan guusdehaan@wanadoo.nl
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:09:12 +0100

I'm busy preparing the Corsa for it's annual inspection and want to
reinstall the heat shield that goes over the turbocharger. This was
removed to have the turbocharger rebuild last year. There is a v-shaped
ring that holds the exhaust housing en impeller housing together. The
clamping part of this ring obstructs the heat shield from going into
position. Who can tell me were the clamping part of this v-shaped ring
should be? It's currently at the top and this is also shown in the
manual. Is this correct? Should it go between the tabs on the heat
shield or should the complete ring be covered by the shield? If that's
the case the clamps on the heat shield would be to long so I don't
think it should. Can I loosen en turn the v-shaped ring? I'm a bit
anxious to just go ahead, the rebuild was pretty expensive ;-)

Thanks!

Guus de Haan
'65 Corsa Cvt 180HP