<VV> Let the Buyer Beware - Final Chapter

Sam & Marissa Andolino mandolin@rochester.rr.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:38:57 -0500

Hi everyone,

Businesses should try to keep good customers happy, otherwise they will not
repeat their business and may encourage other people to avoid doing business
with that company.

We also had a problem with a major vendor.  Although we were a good customer
(we spent close to $2000 for parts for 2 cars), last year when getting the
66 Turbo ready for Kentucky, we called looking for rocker moldings.  We
explained that we did not want driver quality.  The parts they sent were
driver quality.

We called them back and expressed our dissatisfaction with the quality.  The
company employee said to ship them back and he would talk to the owner and
get us a credit towards a future purchase.  After numerous long distance
attempts, we finally talked to the owner and explained the situation.  He
told us he was sorry, but he has a "no return policy" on used parts, period,
no matter how much you spend buying from him.  He did ship them back to us.

This really did not make sense to us since we had ordered rocker panels for
our other Vair and when this company sent the wrong year, they took them
back and gave us credit towards future purchases.  Oh well, buyer beware
(caveat emptor)!

We now do more business with another vendor.  This vendor accurately
describes the part and "stands behind his word".  In fact, the parts are
normally in better condition than what he describes.

Live and Learn!

Sam & Marissa Andolino
mandolin@rochester.rr.com
1965 Evening Orchid Monza Convertible