<VV> early battery

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:22:30 -0800

At 02:24 hours 01/11/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>When I got my 64 back in 1997, I got a group 53 from Napa.  They got it in a
>day and charged me no freight.  When it died, after a couple of years, I went
>to Walmart and bought the "Honda" battery (group 51?)  Still going strong
>after long cranking periods.
>Mike Ioanes

What IS it with type 53 batteries these days?    We won a 53 battery at a
Vair show a few years back, nice and new, worked well... for a year anna
half then went sour and actually froze and split the case during one really
cold night while sitting in the battery box of the ragtop (which now has
the battery stolen out of the Yugo).

The  battery wasn't yet 2 years old (since winning it) and it *froze* and
cracked.    Go figger...

Anyway, it's a good core now.

That 51 battery is a welcome item among early Vair people.

tony..