<VV> Fan bearing & Rebuild

Doug Foust doufou@msn.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:05:08 -0500

my 64 vert 110 PG is making a whirring sound that sounds like the bearing at
the top of the fan.  This comes at a time when I have been debating whether
to pony-up 2 and a half to 3 grand for an engine rebuild (which I really
can't afford at the moment).  A couple of questions:
1. If my diagnosis - fan bearing - is correct, any guess how long I can
drive like this before something catastrophic happens?
2.  How tough for a rank amateur with basic tools to replace?
3.  What should I pay to have it done?  (wondering whether this is the final
straw that leads me to go for the rebuild)
4.  Any suggestions on who to use in Ohio if I go for rebuild?  (likewise,
any sugestions of who to avoid off-line please)

Thanks to all,
Doug Foust

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!