<VV> Navy AD's

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:09:04 EST

In a message dated 1/12/2005 5:32:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
emills5@cfl.rr.com writes:
Quite a plane.  One of the few that could carry almost it's own weight in
armament.  If I remember correctly (it's been awhile)  we could carry a 2500
lb. bomb under the plane, two 1000 lb. bombs under each main rack, and six 500
lb. bombs on each wing.  (add it up).  The only way we could take off with
this type of load was to make a full deck run on take off and even then it was
scary.  (This was before angled deck carriers).  I had some real wild times in
those planes. (War stories, not suited for VV).

That the AD could in fact set a record in 53 of  10500 pounds 3000 more the
airframe s weight. That's more then a B-17 and could take it to target faster
and fly longer. Plus it has taken off more the once with the wings folded in
the up position. just don't try to turn GGG
 Lets take this to Talk and let us hear those war stories.
rich