<VV> new thread- dual turbo on a corsa

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@it.BAESystems.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:42:42 -0500

Hi Peter.

	I'm no expert, but the idea of a twin turbo with each turbo fed
from it's own bank, each bank with it's own carb, sounds interesting.
Mods for spinning up, or, better yet, smaller units with wastgates...

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Peter Robb
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 6:03 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> new thread- dual turbo on a corsa

Hello I am Peter From New Zealand,

I wish to start a new thread.

I have a 65 180 HP Corsa minus its turbo gear. I bought a chrome inlet
manifold and note its offset that could favor the right hand bank of
cylinders.

How would I go getting some aftermarket turbochargers rigged up with
intercoolers, so theres one for each bank of three cylinders with a
balance tube between them to compensate for any differences.

I am a novice to all this but I noticed some comment in a reveared
catalogue that turboed corvairs dont boost until in third or top.

This seems odd to me as boost normally kicks in at a certain rev range
in my limited experience. If you were in third or top, your revs would
be lower than say in low or second gear?

I would expect it is possible to get boost in all gears?

Any experts out there?

I enjoyed the discussion on synthetic oil.

Peter Robb