<VV> Vent window restoration help

Kurt Guttensohn rizakoyt@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:58:47 -0800 (PST)

I am working on my 63 Corvair Monza convertible.
Having a heck of a time trying to figure out what to
do with the vent window trim.
 - The vent window trim has small pits and some rust.
I used steel wool to get most of the rust and
scratches off.  What options do I have to make it as
close to perfect as I can?  Chrome paint? Rechrome (I
have no idea how to remove the trim from the glass
without destroying it.)
 - The vent window looks like it was pop rivited to
the metal frame at its pivot point.  Any ideas on how
to attach the window to the frame?

Thanks for any help.  I am new to all this.  I drove
my Corvair for three years befor deciding to do a full
restoration.  Its been 3 years since that decision and
I am itching to drive it again.  Some times I think I
got in over my head.  I know it will all be worth it
the first time I am behind the wheel again.

kurT