<VV> Ebay Corvair Parts Warning

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:23:41 -0500

On Jan 14, 2005, at 9:28 PM, GYoungwolf@aol.com wrote:

> Just a note to let folks know that I have been stiffed by an ebay
> seller
> using girlfriday99 as a seller ID. I purchased some carburetors
> (supposedly from
> an estate sale), paid the payment, and never received the merchandise
> or any
> communications from the "seller." I am trying (for over a month) to get
> something back via ebay's fraud system, but thought you should know
> about it. Their
> address is in Tuscaloosa, AL, 35401.
> The Carbmeister

I too have had some experience with "girlfriday99", who in actuality is:

Lori L Watts
82 Valley drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

I was interested in some old "Communiques" she had on ebay. I sent an
email with questions about their condition and exactly which issues
they were. It was unanswered. I sent another. As the end of the auction
approached, I went ahead and submitted a bid. Upon winning the bid I
received an email apologizing for not getting back to me with my
questions, saying they had had some problems with their email. "Now
what can I help you with?", was about how she put it. I repeated my now
moot questions. I think she answered them along with my receipt. The
"Communiques" arrived shortly thereafter. The condition was okay, but I
already had two of the four. The silver lining was that one of them was
the "corsa news 4 - preliminary - " which was the preliminary
newsletter published July-August 1970. This was the last of the
"preliminary" newsletters before Vol. 1, No.1 in September of 1970. I
ended up happy, although still ticked at the way the transaction had
gone down. After much thought, I gave her a negative rating for the
transaction, the first time I've done that.

BTW, Excite doesn't have a listing for "Lori Watts" in Tuscaloosa.
Their reverse lookup for 82 Valley Dr. shows: Sara Hamby 205-391-0014.
It would be interesting to call that number and ask for Lori. Maybe
there is no Lori.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina