<VV> air filters VS rich VS lean

Ken Campbell deltainc@grm.net
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:48:26 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <djtcz@comcast.net>
> There have been multiple  reports that famous tuners running bikes on
dynos determine whether to go rich or lean for more power at a particular
instant by restricting the bowl vent lines (leaner) or gently pressurizing
extenal bowl vent lines (richer).  Way quicker than changing jets once just
to know which way to go.
***********
Way back when I wuz a famous tuner for 2 strokes in our toy racing cars.....
back when I could build a better engine than you could buy from the Italian
geniuses, as today ...... I used a simple setscrew collar on the main
silicone tubing fuel line to change amount of wet stuff going into the crank
shaft rotor valve ...   worked great.

Also I thought cool was that one of our early carburetors used remote mount
seperate needle valves for both the high speed system and the low speed
system.  worked great, could adjust in a second during a pit stop, but
nobody believed it, so we went to carb-mounted valves ... only doubled the
price of the carbs, but the market is always right.

Just some thoughts ... ken campbell, deltawerkes