[VV-talk] Re: <VV> EBay heads up (no Corvair but very useful if you buy or sell Corvair stuff on eBay!)

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:48:24 -0500

At 02:53 PM 1/16/2005, Alan and Clare Wesson wrote:
>>Anyway, Norton "Anti-Virus" is not designed for this job, although they
>>might make yet another product that will eradicate spyware from your
>>system, but it's a different thing altogether.
>
>No, I have a Norton firewall and intrusion detector, and it gives me
>reports of intrusion attempts. Currently it is showing 'none since
>restart' and I haven't restarted the computer since this morning.

Alan:

You also said you ran both SpyBot and Adaware.  Those programs should catch
any spyware and trackers.  You should also, as a matter of course, make
sure you have your Windows firewall protection enabled if your version has it.

Ken