<VV> Firewalls and Virus Checkers (No Corvair)

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:17:44 -0000

> Our software customer service people find Norton to be the most
> troublesome
> of the commercial firewall and anit-virus products out there.  AVG is a
> good
> anti-virus and Zone Alarm is a good firewall.  (Both have free versions
> for
> non-commercial uses.)  XP SP2 has a decent firewall, too.

I have AVG on our other computer, but it has allowed it to get two viruses,
and so I tend to trust Norton, which has never (yet) let me down more.

How do they find Norton troublesome. The only beef I have with it is that
its customer service SUCKS! It is so hard to contact them, or to get them to
contact me, that I have always ended up giving up and solving the problem
myself (which is what they want, I suppose!).

Cheers

Alan