<VV> RE: (vv) pylon/python

Arjay Morgan n3lkz@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:26:40 -0800 (PST)

Today I decided to take the Corvair out for a ride. To
get it out of the garage I had to move Elayne's car,
which I did.

As I was walking back to the garage I noticed a snake
on the driveway just about underneath where Elayne's
car had been. Strange looking snake, about two feet
long and did not have the usual markings of a florida
snake. The head was very triangular, but didn't have
the bulges you would see were it a pit viper. It
looked a whole lot like a ---- reticulated python.

So, I got a box and put the snake in it. Since it was
only the 60s the critter was obviously cold and
sluggish. Called a friend who is into snakes and told
him I had one for him. He came and, lo and behold,
identified it as a young python.

My friend, Bob, put it in his pocket and promised to
find it a good home if he didn't keep it. I would have
adopted it, but my rat population is way down because
of the influx of cats brought about by the hurricanes.

We surmised that it was probably somebody's pet that
had escaped. Such is the life of an urban python.

Arjay Morgan
64 Monza convert