<VV> Re: 4 primaries on 140

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:12:19 EST

While there is no advantage to using 4 primaries (and some minor
disadvantages), there is really no reason to change if it is working and you are satisfied
with your fuel mileage and idle speed/smoothness. Having gas running through
all carbs all the time is a moot point, other than giving you a rich mixture
condition. Once upon a time, secondaries gave some folks some problems as they
were not "exercised" regularly and tended to stick open or shut. Since
everyone today with a 140 pretty much puts their foot in it when they drive, the
problem is gone away :-). But, if you want to go back original, I have several
hundred good units to swap with you.
The Carbmeister
Subject: <VV> help- 4 primary carbs
Hello there: I have a question to whether it is or is not a good idea to run
a 140 hp
motor with 4 primary carburetors. I purchased the car set up this way and
the previous owner said he was told to set it this way in order for gas to
be always running thru the carburetors. The car seems to run, perform just
fine. I don't have anything to compare it to though. Thanks for any help or
opinions.