<VV> Early Dash Harness Sources

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:35:32 -0800

I would have to second the motion on biting the bullet as Hank said earlier.
Both of my earlies have completely new harnesses from front to rear
including the dash harnesses.  It was expensive, yes but after putting the
new ones in, you'll know that it was money well spent.  I couldn't believe
how stiff the old wiring had become when compared with the new harnesses.
Even though my harnesses appeared to be in decent condition, simply cutting
into one showed that the copper wire was brittle in some spots and turning
green in others.  I first replaced terminals on my old harnesses but my
conscience told me that when I could afford it, I needed to just replace the
whole thing.  I finally did, best money I ever spent on the cars.

As a final note.  If you do decide to get a new harness, I'd check out one
of the Corvair vendors first before going straight to the manufacturer.
They'll probably have one in stock, I think Larry already said he did.  The
manufacturer's deal won't be any better and you'll have to wait for them to
get enough orders for a corvair harness before they make up a batch, ask me
how I know this!!!

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89, 110 On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw

As Hank Kaczmarek said....
<snip>