<VV> Wire

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:59:11 -0800

Smitty says:  Clark I must say I agree with you.  I know that wire
insulation loses it's plasticizer according to exposure to, time,
pressure, heat.  On the other hand 99% of the wire once placed where it
will be used never moves enough to make any difference at all about how
flexible the insulation is.  In fact, old insulation is much more
resistant to being cut or abraded and allowing a short.  Exceptions I see
to the above philosophy are in places like the leads going to the Alt/Gen
and to the coil where vibration and flexing are common and what can't
flex in the insulation becomes flexing at the terminal ends, creating
metal fatigue.