<VV> O-ring sizes for gas lines

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:13:39 -0500

I did not do well with the o-ring trick. Did worse still, by far, with
Teflon tape.
     I have arrived at peace with my fuel-system flare connections by using
COPPER WASHERS designed for the purpose. Clark's USED to sell them, may not
sell them anymore. They are available (1/4" size for Corvair fuel lines in
the engine bay) from hydraulic and industrial-supply companies. These really
work, if you use lots of torque. www.mscdirect.com is one source, as I
recall. I replace the washers every time I open the connections. Buy by the
hundred (they're cheap). They're cone-shaped.
     Good luck!

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Derek Archer
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 2:45 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> O-ring sizes for gas lines

I found in the CORSA tech guide a (wonderful and intelligent) idea for
using Viton o-rings in gas line flare connections to prevent leaks, a
particular problem on our 'Vairs unless the flares are absolutely
perfectly aligned in the connector. Anyway, at my local FLAPS I can
only buy them in an assortment of sizes with only one size of about 12
that fits. Does anyone else who does this know what size o-rings fit so
I can order them from a supplier? IE -034, -111, etc.

Derek Archer
'62 Monza Cvt.
'64 Spyder Coupe