<VV> RE: Ultra Series Corvair Deep Dimple Lifters -Endorsment(s) , ENOUGH Etc.

Ray Sedman rsedman@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:37:58 -0800

Larry Shapiro wrote:

>Here is my opinion on this subject..if anyone cares.
>Since we have rebuilt well over 1000 engines,and repaired over
3500
>engines....my opinion may count for something:
>
>I have tried both style lifters..
>Lon's style..which most of us use..and the other "deep" style
>which I buy
>from the same supplier that the other guy does.
>
>I tried both styles in at least 25 engines during a 6 month
period...

>zero difference in anything..
>same ease of adjustment.
>Same quiet operation..
>The ONLY difference was that it may be easier to find the
>center of the
>lifter when installing the push rods..
>That is all..
>A lifter is a lifter is a lifter..

<snip>
---------------------------------------

The one point I will make here is that, unless, you have purchased
lifters from The Source, all you can accurately state is that you
have not found any significant difference between the lifters you
purchased from the typical automotive suppliers or other Corvair
vendors.  But the people that purchased lifters from The Source
have documented that these lifters provide better oiling to the
rocker box vs. lifters that they purchased from other suppliers,
including Corvair vendors.  Others have disassembled the lifters
and compared them to similar looking 'deep' style lifters.  They
indeed documented differences in the internals of the lifter that
The Source supplies vs. what is supplied from the typical
automotive suppliers, or Corvair vendors.

I have not preformed the above inspections on all the lifters
available so I can not comment directly.  But my experience is the
lifters supplied by The Source do oil the rocker box area better
then the lifters I previous used.

Cheers!

Ray

Corvair Performance Parts and Services (SM):
 http://www.American-Pi.com