<VV> 4 Speed Conversion Revisited

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:18:41 -0800 (PST)

Hey everyone:

Some of you may remember the troubles I have had in converting my Greenbrier to a 4 speed. It would shift great for about 4 minutes and then it would grind into the gears.

It is apart again.  This time I took the bell housing to a machine shop to make sure everything was paralell (as per the technical guide).  It was a little off, so the shop made it true.

I am also replacing the pilot bushing.  What is the proper way to lube this?  I have been told that squeezing motor oil into it is the trick.

I measured the disc.  It is .3420 inch thick.  Is this the right thickness for a rebuilt disc?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm