<VV> Late rear hubs

Clark Hartzel chartzel@comcast.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:34:28 -0500

I have broken some of the 1/4 screws on my dune buggies and use the later
hubs and 5/16 screws on everything now.  I have drilled and retapped the '65
yokes for 5/16 screws and there have been no problems.  As far as I can tell
by comparison, there is no difference between '65 yokes and '66-69 yokes
except the size of the tapped hole.  GM might have changed the size of the
screws because they were being broken on the assembly line by air wrenches
improperly adjusted!  You don't think anyone on an assembly line has the
time to use a torque wrench do you?
Clark Hartzel
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.