<VV> Corvair evolution sparks the new "sporty car" industry

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:31:13 EST

In a message dated 1/23/05 11:09:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
chaz@properproper.com writes:

> The real reason for Corvair's demise ?  Lots of speculation, but I think it
>
> was the fact that it cost over 90 cents per dollar earned to build a
> Corvair, while other "normal" cars, cost 70 or 80 cents (or less ?) to build
>
> per dollar earned.

Hi Chaz,
I'm not disputing your "facts", but where did you get this "fact" you state
above? I know of no such information ever being released by Chevrolet, and if
it didn't come from them, how reliable can the data be?

So where did this "fact" come from?
Regards,
Bob Helt