<VV> 65 Convertible height

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:50:40 -0500

Roger,

I have just this past week finished rebuilding the rear suspension on my 65
Monza Convertible 110 P/G with A/C.  I used new springs on the rear that
Clark's listed for the car (not H.D.)  The car has 185/80R13 tires all around.
(As near original diameter as original I am told).  Since replacing the
springs, mine measures 25 3/8" at the wheel well on both sides on the rear.
The front measures 25 1/2" on both sides on the front. (Tank is not full).
Your 70 series may be slightly shorter, I am not sure.  This is about as near
factory specs as one could get.  Before replacing the springs, I had rear
springs (not H.D.) from a 67 coupe parts car, since at the time I was not able
to find any new springs for it.  It sat approximately one inch lower with the
springs from the coupe on the rear, and appeared to me to be to low. (Lower
than normal, and not even with the front).  Free if you want them.  Might give
you what you want.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.