<VV> RE: Ultimate 2 barrel

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:46:19 -0800

Hi,

I bought a set of these several years ago at a swap meet, didn't end up ever
installing them, and re-sold them. My memory is not 100% but I recall
calling and talking to Clark's. I believe what they told me is they had been
told that some of the setups worked great and some didn't. Someone "in the
know" claimed the performance depended very much on which specific
revision(s) of the carbs were used and that it was really hard to tell them
apart. I recall something being mentioned about internal leaking on some of
them.

--Kent
-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Bill Elliott
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 5:35 PM
To: Airvair65@aol.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: Ultimate 2 barrel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these Fords use Weber DGAV 32/36? A very
nice carb... but maybe not as nice in the US emissions mode. I mainly have
dealt with the "purer" European carbs.

Until today, I had only heard good things about this setup, though I had
never driven them. I can see where there might be some issues trying to feed
all this through a one inch hole...

But unless someone is using the emission models of these carbs, the carbs
themselves are very capable.

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD