<VV> late model vent window

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:35:01 -0500

I'm in the process of rebuilding the vent window assembly on my '66
convertible and I need some advice.

 What is the best adhesive to use to glue in the new rubber? Clarks
provides Loctite 380 Black Max instant adhesive for the vertical part,
but offer no suggestions for the main piece. I tried weather strip
adhesive, but it didn't hold.

I'm also welcome any other tips you guys may have for this installation
and rebuild. One thing I noticed when I had put it back together using
the wrong adhesive was the top of the window hit the upright part of the
frame. Would that have been caused by not having all the washers in
their proper places? I know I had it wrong and I hope the assembly
manual has what I need to get them in right when I try it again.

Thanks for the help,

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza convertible110/4