<VV> Ultimate Carb Set-up

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:42:45 EST

Hi Darrin,

The price in the 1995-1998 Clark's Catalog / 1998 Price list was $1250.  This
was for everything needed including new Holley carbs and air cleaners.  The
carbs were for a Ford 2000 or 2300cc engine and were progressive.
(primary/secondary)

I bought a Greenbrier with a different (I believe) setup with a 140 engine.
The setup I have has Offenhauser manifolds.  The secondary intakes on the 140
were capped.  I do not think that these manifolds were part of the Clark's
setup but I am not certain.  The reason for this is that the lengthy Clark's
description does not mention Offy manifolds nor do the manifolds show up in any of
the pictures.  Also, the setup in the Greenbrier required that the engine
cover be removed for everything to fit.  The description in Clark's says that the
system would fit in all FCs without a problem.  The only issue in cars is the
spare tire in EMs.

The previous owner of the Greenbrier told me that the 140 / dual two bbl
setup ran like a scalded cat.  However, I cannot attest to this because the engine
had a dropped valve seat when I bought it and I never saw it running.
According to the PO, he ran the engine on regular gas and couldn't hear the pinging
because of all the noise from the open engine compartment.  I do not know
what, if any difference in performance there was between the "Offy" system and
Clark's system.  Also, I am not certain if my carbs are the same as in the
Clark's setup.  I do not know which setup is up for auction on eBay.  Maybe someone
else has this info.  I hope this helps.

I will be returning both my Greenbrier and Rampside to relatively stock
condition and both my cars are turbos so I don't need this setup.  If anyone is
interested in buying my system, please make me an offer I can't refuse.  The
carbs have been sitting for years and will probably need to be rebuilt.
Everything else including the air cleaners are there.  They are packed away but if
memory serves me the air cleaners need to be cleaned up if not replaced but I
don't think that this should be an issue with fairly standard two bbl carbs.
After market air cleaners should be cheap and available for these.

Let me know.

Doc
'60 Vette; '61 Rampside; '64 Spyder; '65 Greenbrier; '66 Corsa; '67 Nova SS;
'68 Camaro ragtop