<VV> Porsche 911 Engine in Lakewood

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa@shaw.ca
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:02:53 -0800

Not just any Corvair either, that appears to be a Fitch Sprint.

Regards,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Stingl
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:04 AM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: Re: <VV> Porsche 911 Engine in Lakewood

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 (long time ago) I wrote:
> > I'd settle for seeing a few pictures of the Lakewood-911. Anybody?
>
> Me too - first time I hear about that story, will ask some local
> longtime Corvair experts about this, wonder why they did not have
> this story first.

Well, Ingo Illinger, the single one daily Corvair driver in Germany, he
knows that exactly 11 Corvairs were bought by Porsche in the early sixties,
but he does not seem to have a source for pictures. I can give the email
address of Ingo to anyone interested.

At least some local oldtimer guy came up with an old picture of the
famous racer Huschke von Hanstein, also working for Porsche, trying to
get his Corvair LM coupe out of a field:
http://corvair.de/misc/corvair_hanstein.jpg

Thomas, Karlsruhe, Deutschland