<VV> Wheel Alignment questions

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:32:22 -0500

I have recently rebuilt the rear suspension on my 65 Monza Convertible,
110 P/G A/C.  The reason I did so was because the car was squirrelly at 60 MPH
and over.  I replaced the rear springs with new correct springs from Clark's
since the rear end was about 1" below specs. It now sits right on specs.  I
rebuilt the rear wheel bearings and set them to .001 to .002 end play. (they
were at .0013 and .0014).  I replaced the lower control arms with rebuilt 75
Durometer ones from Underground. (It had nylon bushings on control arms that I
removed and had some looseness to them).  I also added a lower control bracket
(Clark's PN C 5118).  I have an appointment tomorrow to have a 4 wheel
alignment done and have the following questions.  I have seen threads on VV
about setting the rear wheel camber to something other than spec. Neg. 1
degree. (I don't remember what was suggested).  Is this something that I
should consider, or should I stay with factory specs.  The car is not driven
hard, low mileage, and seldom to never has more than two people in it. It has
P185/80R13 tires.  Also, when I had my 67 aligned the man that does my
alignment work, set it to specs. but felt 1/8" to 3/8" Toe In was excessive.
What is suggested here?  Also, on aligning the front end are there any
recommendations of anything other than factory specs. that I should consider?
Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.