<VV> Re: Steering Sector Lube

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:06:23 -0500 (EST)

Joe:

Here's an answer I gleaned from a long-ago exchange here, and recently provided to another VV member:

The general consensus was, a 50/50 mix of 90W gear oil and hi-temp lithium grease. (I may be wrong about the lithium, so somebody correct me. Also, I know there were other opinions on what to use, but the group generally coalesced around this tried-and-true mix.)

I followed the suggestion of using a microwave to warm the grease, then stirred the oil in. Handle the hot stuff with great caution. I used an old teacup I could throw away afterward.

I spooned the mix into a squirt-style oil can and pumped it into the box on the car. I figure you have the box out so you won't need to do that.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com