<VV> New Thread...Oil in the gas.

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:49:51 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2005 7:59:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
emills5@cfl.rr.com writes:

> Many years ago when I was a young man, (18 Years old) a friend and I bought
> 88 Rocket Oldsmobile that had a brushed on pink paint job, and other than
> smoking like crazy ran great. (Cost us $ 50.00).  Man we bought it from said
> it burned a whole lot of oil.  Back then they used a dual diaphragm gas pump
> and vacuum pump (to operate the windshield wipers).  The diaphragm was
> ruptured and was sucking oil out of the engine and feeding it right into the
> carburetor.  Junkyard replacement was 50 cents, and it never smoked any
> more.
> We drove the heck out of it (did not even burn oil) for years and sold it
> for
> a profit.
>
> Cecil Mills
> Cocoa, Fl.

Now that's the kind of story I like to hear!   I can relate hundreds of times
that similar things were the case......and the cost of the fix!

Note:.....the Rockets'  rockerarm spacer springs worked as replacement fuel
pump springs...so a roadside repair could be made.....and a piece of heater
hose could be used to hold the rocker arms apart!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V