<VV> noise (no Corvair)

MarPack57@aol.com MarPack57@aol.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:30:41 EST

It was interesting to read Scott's list of what various states are doing to
get older vehicles off the road. While as far as I know Florida has no such
actions pending I did attend a preliminary meeting last night with a grassroots
group calling themselves Noise Free America. Their target(s) are the boom cars
you hear nearly everywhere these days.The leader is a 65 year old lady who is
physically sickened by the decibel limit on this noise. She sued and won a
case here in town (St. Petersburg,Fla) against a kid in her neighborhood who did
it each and every day. The court ruled in her favor and he was ordered to
remove all the stereo equipment in his car, return it to the store, donate any
refund to a charity, and give 100 hours of commmunity work.
   The city recently gave her neighborhood association a grant for anti noise
street signs. First fine-$50.00, 2nd fine-$200.00, 3rd fine-$500.00, 4th time
confication of the vehicle.
    She is going nation wide with this.
     Ed in Fla